We recognise that our industry has been hugely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, and our teams at Classic and Seasons Textiles are committed to work together with our customers to provide the best service while we keep everyone safe.
We have carried out a COVID-19 Back to Work risk assessment and have put the following measures in place which take into consideration advice from Public Health England and The British Film Commission guidance.
Working together to support the film industry:
- We can sanitize props on request using our new fogging machine
- Our boxes and crates will be labelled with a time and date of packing
- We will offer an extended hire period free of charge to allow customers to quarantine props before and after the usual hire period
- Returned props will either be sanitized or quarantined for 72 hours before being put back into stock
- We are increasing the quantity of stock available to view on-line, and offering virtual consultations so customers can work remotely where possible
- Please talk to us about a ‘buy back’ option for stock allowing customers to use props for an extended period rather than the traditional hire
- Our warehouse team will be wearing face coverings and gloves when picking and packing orders and dispatching goods
For customers who want to work remotely:
- We have launched a virtual consultation service with our booking team to choose props remotely
- All our Modern stock is available to view on our website, and we are increasing the quantity of Classic stock on-line
- Working to your brief we can curate a selection of props and set dressing if you are unable to visit us in person
For customers who would like to visit us in person:
- Visits are by appointment, so we are able to limit the number of people in our buildings and ensure we are able to social distance
- We are asking all visitors to check their temperature on arrival and sanitize their hands
- Masks and are available for use – we suggest they are worn if you are unable to keep a 2m distance from others
- You will be asked to sign in on arrival, so we are able to track and trace if necessary
- We have a robust cleaning regime in place and hand sanitiser and wipes are available throughout the building
- Customers should not visit us if they are showing symptoms of Coronavirus or have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms or who have tested positive within the last 14 days.
For our Team working at Classic, Classic Modern and Seasons Textiles
- Home working is encouraged where possible
- We have made adaptations to our working environment to allow for social distancing in our buildings
- We will remind our team about regular and thorough hand hygiene, and provide hand sanitiser and face coverings when social distancing is not possible
- We have minimized the use of shared equipment and tools
- Staff will be asked to take their temperature and sanitize their hands on arrival each day
- We have put in place a thorough cleaning regime which includes daily cleaning of high touch point areas
- Anyone showing symptoms of Coronavirus will be asked to Stay at Home and follow the government guidelines
- Our warehouse team are encouraged to social distance. Where this is not possible due to the task being carried out (such as a 2-man lift) we will encourage the use of manual handling equipment and side by side working where possible.
- By adapting our working hours we are minimizing the use of public transport at peak times for our staff
1 June 2020